pls no independence day

As if there is any shitposting to be had
Diadu
Site Admin

pls no independence day

Post by Diadu »

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (101.99 KiB) Viewed 9320 times
I decided to browse the PSO2 Forums a bit and holy shit it didn't take long to come across something stupid. Reminds me of the faked outrage over the native american clothes in FFXIV. Imagine being offended by an event that is known all over the world. Of course the guy is from Mexico apparently so I'm not that surprised that he'd be up in arms about it. On the other hand, it wouldn't surprise me if he was a white american being upset about it either.

I honestly don't get why such sensitive people willingly expose themselves to things that offend them?

Elec

Re: pls no independence day

Post by Elec »

Diadu wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:03 am native american clothes in FFXIV
I'm half Nightwolf and that sounds rad tbh
It's bizarre, whenever there's something like this you see a lot of people online who kinda get offended "on behalf" of others, meanwhile the opinion of the group they think "should" be upset tends to range anywhere from not caring to being stoked about some representation.

Diadu
Site Admin

Post by Diadu »

e7c0c6eb24fdcaff36f7d0810ac8b46f483f2092.jpg
e7c0c6eb24fdcaff36f7d0810ac8b46f483f2092.jpg (131.74 KiB) Viewed 9317 times
That's the set in question. There was a long ass thread about it on the FFXIV forums. If I remember correctly, that person was some Elizabeth Warren type of native American, like 0.00000000000001% something and tried to use that to prove a point. A bunch of other natives joined in and thought it was cool to have stuff like that in the game etc.

I'm surprised they let threads like those go on for as long as they do since it's usually the offended OP, a few of his friends vs. the rest of the forum including people one whose behalf they're offended for. These people usually just want to get some pats on the back and it normally backfires lol. I mean, really, getting mad about independence day? How do they play Fallout?
Spoiler:
There was also some school uniform added to the korean cash shop of FFXIV, oh my fucking god did the koreans get assblasted about it. The Koreans are, to this day, super upset about the whole comfort women thing.

TrekkiesUnite118

Post by TrekkiesUnite118 »

Diadu wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:03 am
I honestly don't get why such sensitive people willingly expose themselves to things that offend them?
They're not actually offended. They're just saying they are for attention.

Diadu
Site Admin

Post by Diadu »

TrekkiesUnite118 wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:20 pm They're not actually offended. They're just saying they are for attention.
Yeah makes sense after what Elec said, attention and virtual pats on the back.

Diadu
Site Admin

Post by Diadu »

topsperg.JPG
topsperg.JPG (110.1 KiB) Viewed 9302 times
This guy is a top sperg and a fine example on how to get everyone to hate you. Sure, you can make everything a political statement. Reminds me of some Twitter dude who claimed everything is political. I tweeted him an old japanese picture of a samurai beating his meat to two turtles fucking and asked him for the political meaning - never got an answer.

Anyway, that guy is a walking beacon of "please hate me". People play games, for the most part at least, to get away from this stuff and then you have people like him who try to see specters wherever they look.

In his example, buying a toilet (lmao) is a political statement if
  • You are aware the guy is a scumbag
  • and do it to support said scumbag
I'm pretty sure that guy also believes in Silence = Violence.

What a loser