The Last of Us 2

Anything snoy related
Esufer

The Last of Us 2

Post by Esufer »

So it's out in like 4 days?
I've heard rumours it might be a total shitfest. Anyone picking it up?

I enjoyed the original (well, the ps4 version), I wonder if this is going to be another game that runs shit on current gen but a remastered version on next-gen will run fine? We are at that time of year where companies will double-dip on sales for easy remasters

Diadu
Site Admin

Re: The Last of Us 2

Post by Diadu »

We have come up with a new concept that allows you as Ellie to directly interact with the environment. A dedicated Jump button.
el oh el

I didn't care much for the first one - it came out around a time when I was pretty tired of cinematic experiences. I've also seen the leaks and how Sony and Naughty Dog went in full damage control - they DMCA'd anyone who even mentioned the game - they even DMCA'd themselves on Twitter which was pretty hilarious.

I'm not gonna post any leaks or spoilers here but I'm not picking it up because it looks like a mess and, well, cinematic experience and all that.

Esufer

Post by Esufer »

I've seen spoilers based off of, you know, opening my twitter the morning the leaks happened, but hopefully it won't mar my enjoyment of the game too much. Not looking forward to it being like 64.99 at launch for the base version or whatever bullshit they're gonna try.

Diadu
Site Admin

Post by Diadu »

The leaked sex scene is wild and makes me wonder how sony applies their ethics policies

Esufer

Post by Esufer »

Come on now
7FA37CFE-7A28-4359-90A5-C873FA2BF562.jpeg
7FA37CFE-7A28-4359-90A5-C873FA2BF562.jpeg (243.29 KiB) Viewed 8531 times

Diadu
Site Admin

Post by Diadu »

What.

No, really, what.

Do they really just want to play it to see the golfing mini game and the tranny sex scene?

Esufer

Post by Esufer »

Christ, I just realised that some dickhead like DSP is gonna play through this and say some super problematic stuff

bracing for shitshow

also, game's out, people seem to be enjoying it, apparently it's 25 hours long? User reviews getting bombed on metacritic by people that are unhappy with the characters in it or see it as pushing an agenda.
Seems to be a mostly stable 30fps on the pro, dips into high 20s when area transitioning. I guess that confirms a remastered PS5 version with 60fps though, classic.
I might pick it up if it ever goes on sale or cheap enough on pre-owned, I wasn't in a rush to play the first one - it was effectively just a set-piecy really long Walking Dead episode. I don't think I ever went back and did the DLC chapter.

EDIT: Fucking hilarious, the game has a mode to record 60fps footage, which slows the game to half speed, but renders at 30fps - you capture that footage and then speed it up in editing and it comes out at 60fps
https://www.gamerevolution.com/guides/6 ... de-ps5-ps4
Diadu wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:33 am The leaked sex scene is wild and makes me wonder how sony applies their ethics policies
I mean I guess some Sony exec just really doesn't like senran kagura

Esufer

Post by Esufer »

Also what's the fucking deal with shit I don't give a fuck about getting midnight launches, but shit I want to play launching in the fucking evening? Or worse, getting a midnight launch with no preload or a 2 hour decrypt? I swear to fucking god

Diadu
Site Admin

Post by Diadu »

No it's not just Senran Kagura, it's japanese games in general - even DMC5 wasn't spared their ethics council lol On the other hand, the remake of the first Akiba's Trip passed their ethics with flying colors without any changed. Now there's another VN that had to be edited, check out pQubes Twitter. Should be there. I mean, let's be honest here, that ethics thing is really just targeting japanese games. Not even hyperboling or whatever, but they even demanded some covers to be changed lol.

As for the game itself, if people are to be believed, one of the guy, the one doing the penetrating, is supposed to be Neil Druckmann's self insert lol