PS5 Event T O N I T E

Anything snoy related
Diadu
Site Admin

Re: PS5 Event T O N I T E

Post by Diadu »

They also mentioned GTA V coming in 2021 with improvements but I don't fucking believe for one second that they will improve the clusterfuck that is single player - that shit is beyond repair.

Agent D.

Post by Agent D. »

A few people on a discord I'm in said they had 4k trailers out later that look MUCH better. Horizon is also super welcome, first game was amazeballs.

RE8 should be renamed Resident Chris Redfield has a steroid addiction....also he robbed Wesker's closet apparently.

Diadu
Site Admin

Post by Diadu »

Agent D. wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:24 am A few people on a discord I'm in said they had 4k trailers out later that look MUCH better. Horizon is also super welcome, first game was amazeballs.

RE8 should be renamed Resident Chris Redfield has a steroid addiction....also he robbed Wesker's closet apparently.
They really don't know what to do with him, huh? I thought his return to normal was fine in RE7.

Esufer

Post by Esufer »

Man’s got more forms than frieza

Esufer

Post by Esufer »

84826018-570F-496B-83BD-C74A8551765A.jpeg
84826018-570F-496B-83BD-C74A8551765A.jpeg (65.36 KiB) Viewed 6361 times

Diadu
Site Admin

Post by Diadu »

Esufer wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:06 am 84826018-570F-496B-83BD-C74A8551765A.jpeg
Holy shit

Esufer

Post by Esufer »

So we still don't know fuck all about the console aside from there'll be a digital version (like the entry level xbox one s)

Nothing about peripheral cross-compatibility (there's really no excuse for this now unless the DualSense 5 has some really bespoke shit built in other than 'fancy rumble')
Nothing about backwards compatibility which is actually quite worrying as i think it had previously been rumoured to be the most backwards compatible thing ever - wonder if they've dropped this angle?
Nothing about price (the digital version is 100% positioned to undercut whatever Xbox Series X launches with
Didn't show us the back of the console - really hope there's some more USB ports back there or RIP FGC
Nothing about target outputs - I really hope the console targets a decent frame rate, but I have visions of some shit launching at 30fps for 'muh cinematic feel'

Can't say I was particularly excited by much from that presentation, it looked about as tepid as a normal launch lineup announcement. Square Enix's project really gives me "we aren't committed to calling this a Final Fantasy game just yet, we want to see how people react before we do" vibes

Returnal is the worst title since Revengeance. It looked interesting until they showed combat.

Pragmata looked like it wanted to do some Death Stranding vibes but then I saw the Capcom logo at the bottom at the end and was like uhh okay

Resi 8 will probably be fine on launch, I'll play it on PC.

Indie shit looked like indie shit, hard pass.

Deathloop or whatever it called literally looks like an austin powers mod for dishonoured.

Horizon and Demon Souls probably going to be okay, I haven't played either.

Diadu
Site Admin

Post by Diadu »

There is no mention of backwards compatibility on the website
https://www.playstation.com/en-us/ps5/
What do you mean the most backwards compatible system? At the announcement they only talked about it being bc with PS4 games. Rumors began floating around because of the weird shape of the logo they used and there being room for PS2, PS3 and PSOne. That the system absolutely does not support PSOne games (much like the PS4) is inexcusable.

The head honcho at Sony hates BC btw. He said he played the old Gran Tourismo games and was like "Why the fuck would you want to play THAT?" and apparently they have data that suggest that nobody really cares despite it being a much requested feature. The question is whose data are they citing? Because they themselves have no real data as they offer no BC. Unless they use sales from PS2 games and PSNow subs as an indicator. If they use M$ Data fair enough. Thanks to their system they can actually tell how many people make use of the BC feature.

Anyway, I guess we will see what will happen. PS4 BC might come with a later patch maybe.

---------------

As for the price I guess they are playing the waiting game with M$ as they didn't want to announce a price either so both sides are just sitting there, waiting for the other side to make an announcement. I suppose you are right about the digital thing. But I think the digital one is most likely going to be the worst fucking deal ever. At least the console with a disc drive will install the games from the disc if you need to free up space. Imagine having to download 200 GB worth of data lol

---------------

I think we are stuck with another generation of games struggling to reach 30 fps as developers want to push for graphical fidelity. I mean, the Demon's Souls remake is going to have a one or other mode. Either you get top visuals or you get better fps. And there is no mention if the fps mode will reach 60. But that's a fromsoft game, they are pretty bad at that anyway. Thankfully the whole 4k/60fps meme died a lot faster this time around, thanks to Ubisoft, than the 1080p/60 fps meme from the previous generation which persisted up until launch.

Esufer

Post by Esufer »

Yeah, I've almost definitely read rumours on BC rather than having seen anything official.

Saw about the Fidelity and Performance modes for Demons Souls remaster and immediately got apprehensive - thought the point of the next gen was to get past stuff like this.

Esufer

Post by Esufer »