Diadu Forum

Author Topic: Animegate  (Read 707 times)

Jaspaller

• View Profile
Animegate
« on: February 14, 2019, 08:21:56 AM »
Anyone else following along with this shitshow lol?

Vic Mignogna (the voice actor who did voices like Broly and Edward Elric dubbed) got accused of rape by some SJWs at funimation using the #metoo movement. Guy lost his job at Funi, lost his role with Rooster Teeth's RWBY as well and banned from a bunch of cons. And funny enough one of the main accusers (Monica Rial) ended up taking all of his staff positions. I'd love to go into detail but it's better to just watch some youtube videos. These guys cover it pretty well.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMrpRnyBJhgVBy3rm0K4P5w/videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaE1z0qLeXWpExU02uMeuvA/videos

I've lost a lot of respect for Funimation for all this and the rest of the dubbers there who seem to be just throwing this guy under the bus without showing proper evidence.

Also there's the whole lulz with the Shield Hero anime. The main character gets accused of rape by a woman and some people aren't happy about that lol

Diadu

• Administrator
    • diadu_
    • View Profile
Re: Animegate
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2019, 04:42:36 AM »
I don't really follow it or any of the other shit that keeps happening but I've caught glimpses of it on Twitter and 4chan every now and again.

What's the Shield Hero thing about? I saw that pop up a few times but didn't really get any real information to piece stuff together.

I also caught glimpses of another thing where some dude got accused of getting touchy with a cosplayer and then that cosplayer came out and said that she never accused the guy of anything and that he was always respectful towards her.

Everything these days is just such a fucking shitshow man. You have that metoo crap, then the whole sony policy on anime tiddies, every week a new metoo. It's just one shit after another that it's getting uninteresting to keep up

Jaspaller

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2019, 05:52:56 PM »
I'll try to break down everything I know as best as I can. There's still ongoing lulz happening. Today sean schemmel (Dub voice of Goku) was called a beta male and he got triggered pretty HARD.

I don't really follow it or any of the other shit that keeps happening but I've caught glimpses of it on Twitter and 4chan every now and again.

What's the Shield Hero thing about? I saw that pop up a few times but didn't really get any real information to piece stuff together.

It starts off as your typical isekai (isekai a genre meaning 'another world') series. Guys get transferred to another world, they get RPG cheat-like powers so on so forth. Now in this one the first thing that happens is one of the women decides to side with the hero of the shield and join his party. Next morning he finds all of his shit stolen, and the culprit is the bitch who joined the party. Bitch accuses the shield hero of rape which he didn't do, everyone believes her because she also just happens to be the king's daughter and a wahmen, and so starts the beginning of the series.

So the issue here is that people are crying about how false accusations of rape never happen, it doesn't portray women right, the writer is a male piece of shit blah blah blah. The funny thing about this is that they believe that the original author is a man when actually it's a woman lol. The producer of the anime did an AMA at reddit and basically said he had no idea there was an issue seeing as japan doesn't give a shit. Places like crunchyroll and ANN aren't looking too kindly on Shield Hero and Goblin Slayer because of rape. The issue with goblin slayer is that they brought in the whole idea of rapey goblins and that's not sitting well with people but that's another topic.

The memes have been ongoing. Monica Rial and Jamie Marchi (and the rest of funimation) being the accusers and Vic Mignogna being the accused looks the same as what shield hero is right now.

I also caught glimpses of another thing where some dude got accused of getting touchy with a cosplayer and then that cosplayer came out and said that she never accused the guy of anything and that he was always respectful towards her.

Yup, that was Vic Mignogna in the picture. I think it was AnimeNewsNetwork who originally posted that article too. ANN basically took the picture and created an article with it. It's funny that ANN is accusing Vic of rape because one of their higher ups was also accused of rape at some point. But it's okay because this other guy is on the side of wahmen.

She defended Vic and said everything was done with her and her parent's permission. ANN deleted the picture but didn't apologize and kept the article up.

Everything these days is just such a fucking shitshow man. You have that metoo crap, then the whole sony policy on anime tiddies, every week a new metoo. It's just one shit after another that it's getting uninteresting to keep up
True true, it's all the same shit nowadays. It's just sad that they're isn't much people can do about these false accusations. People on Funi's side won't give any evidence when asked and keep saying it happened it happened so it's true. At least the people on the side of Vic are going out of their way to Debunk and show actual evidence. I'm trying to be neutral on this but it's hard when the evidence keeps pointing to Vic being innocent and the SJW won't give any evidence.

It sucks that they decided to bring this whole drama to twitter rather than to the courts. More than likely because they probably wouldn't win in the courts. Once it's in the public like this your career is practically done.

Oh and here's some of the coverage about Sean Schemmel/Goku's VA acting a fool lol.

Monica Rial and Jamie Marchi have been pretty toxic with this whole situation. Jamie Marchi had gone out there saying she wanted vic's balls to be cut off, but funimations okay with that because wahmen. Lots of people are being shadowbanned on twitter too. MarzGirl or something like that was the one who created the #kickvic tag (also a big time feminist SJW) and has been campaigning pretty hard. Meepygirl went out there and doctored her own footage to make the guy look bad but got destroyed when another user posted the original footage which showed that she's just an awkward fool.

And there's obviously way more stuff to it, but that's all I feel like posting right now.

Diadu

• Administrator
    • diadu_
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2019, 06:36:26 AM »
Oh boy what a mess. I did catch the whole thing about Goblin Slayer but didn't pay much mind to it. It didn't seem like my cup of tea so I skipped it but I did hear that people were all mad about the initial scene where the party gets owned by Goblins. Nice to know what's up with Shield Hero. I mean what the fuck man. And fuck Crunchyroll anyway. "The money goes back to the creators so here is your new Anime Steven Universe High Guardian Spice from GRORIOUS CARIFORUNIA". CR has been trying so hard to get virtue points the past few years it's ridiculous. Even ended up getting blocked by them on Twitter for pointing out that their diversity panel is lacking brown people.

Ah yeah I remember now, Anime News Network. Yeah that was some fucking mess right there.

I think people don't take that shit to the courts because they know they have no fucking case and would get laughed out of the room. Most of the time it's just baseless accusations with no real evidence to back it up so you use an online mob. Someone will be deranged enough to do something. It was the same thing with the MAGA kid which was a whole new level of stupid especially because big fucking prominent voices joined the call to arms against a fucking kid who, as it turned out, didn't do shit. And it's satisfying to know that they are all getting sued for libel but I doubt that this will change a thing.

Regarding the whole anime thing, it's really fucking scary how easy it is to accuse someone of something as heinous as rape and ruin their life without the need of any proof. I mean I am really sure that there are situations where it is really difficult to prove for a woman that it went down and bullshit like this really just hurts the real victims which makes me pretty damn mad as well and I'm glad I'm not a judge who would ever have to decide on a case where it's word against word.

This whole mess is also the reason why I barely pay attention to Twitter these days. Not just that it's something new every fucking week, but people forget so easily too. Remember that google guy who got fired for the memo? The guy who ran over some antifas? You hear fuckall from the parkland kids. The whole ANN thing has mostly been forgotten too.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk