Diadu Forum

Author Topic: PS3 CFW  (Read 1301 times)

Diadu

• Administrator
    • diadu_
    • View Profile
PS3 CFW
« on: March 04, 2018, 04:14:44 PM »
Not sure if you are aware, but a while ago a jailbreak was released that allows you to install CFW on a lot of slim models (regular slim, not super slim).

Turns out, my old and dusty slim fit the bill so I went along with it. Was quite the adventure too. There were multiple tutorials and the two I found both did things a bit differently. After a lot of back and forth and installing the wrong tools, I was finally done.

It then took me a bit to figure out how to get my old copy of Tales of Vesperia translated.

Once that adventure was done, I was finally able to play it. In English. What a blast that was. I have to admit, I was surprised by how well that translation was done. I'd have expected weeb speech like honorifics or leaving in certain Japanese words. But there was nothing like that - it was really well done.

My next project on that PS3 will be modding Fallout New Vegas. Sure, I could just do that on PC but I wanna try it out anyway. Apparently, the console builds are very close to the PC build and all you have to do is place the mod in it's folder and add the entry to the ini file. That very much reminds me of Morrowind on the Xbox. That one was very close to the PC version too and accepted mods without issues as long as they were added to the ini (which was almost identical to the PC file)

So yeah, can't wait for April when I get a fresh copy of new Vegas.

Jaspaller

• View Profile
Re: PS3 CFW
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2018, 07:36:14 PM »
It then took me a bit to figure out how to get my old copy of Tales of Vesperia translated.

Once that adventure was done, I was finally able to play it. In English. What a blast that was. I have to admit, I was surprised by how well that translation was done. I'd have expected weeb speech like honorifics or leaving in certain Japanese words. But there was nothing like that - it was really well done.

I think they just got lazy about the translation. The whole english translation from the X360 version was on the PS3 disc wasn't it? I thought it was for the most part just a copy/paste except for the new content

Diadu

• Administrator
    • diadu_
    • View Profile
Re: PS3 CFW
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2018, 10:56:47 AM »
Don't know if it was on disc but they did say that they used the 360 translation for the old scenes. It's obvious they used it to save some time or speed things up, I remember the project being stuck in limbo for a few years or so.